23 February 2008

Lent Update - Week 2

This is a bit later than usual, but I am doing well in keeping my Lenten promise. Next Wednesday I will be teaching the children and I am looking forward to discussing with them how their promises are going and how they are experiencing God during Lent. This year, for the first time, I have introduced the idea of Lenten promises to the youth. Sunday night will be our first time to have discussion about our promises - I am looking forward to that as well!

One thing I have noticed in reading other people's blogs about making promises for Lent is that some people share about their promise and some people choose to keep things to themselves. I see merit in both approaches. I like to share because I need/want the accountability that comes with sharing. I also appreciate the community aspect of sharing the promises. I also try to emphasize the idea of humility with the groups that I share/discuss with - we're not doing this to brag about how good we are, but instead, to draw closer in relationship to God and each other.

No comments: