14 February 2008

Lent Update - Week 1

Week 1 of keeping my Lenten promise went well. I was able to keep my promise of not watching sports on television. I was able to spend more quality time with family on Saturday and I was able to reflect on my relationship with God when I normally would have been watching sports. Since those two things are the reasons I am doing this particular promise, I feel pretty good about the Lenten journey so far.

I don't really anticipate not watching sports on television being too difficult until my parents arrive for a week-long visit next Saturday. My dad, like myself, loves watching sports on television. After that hurdle, the big test comes when March Madness begins. The First and Second Rounds take place during the final days of Lent. After football, the NCAA Tournament is my favorite sporting event to watch.

No comments: