17 March 2008

Lent Update - Week 5



We're to Holy Week now. So far, I have done pretty well in keeping my Lenten Promise of not watching sports on television. I noticed I had been lingering a little too long when I was flipping through the channels Saturday. I feel that this week will be the most difficult for me because of the NCAA basketball tournament beginning on Thursday. But, I also feel it will be the most rewarding as well. As I've been discussing with the children and youth, the keeping of a promise is not supposed to be for us to brag about, but something that draws us closer to God. I am hoping that this week will be a good time of reflection for me - reflecting on my relationship with God, my role as a husband and father, and my role as a vocational minister. As we talked about last night at FaithStation (our youth group meeting), I want to think on a deeper level this week and gain insight into who I really am in God's eyes. Easter is coming - Hallelujah!

No comments: