15 April 2007

Ordination

Well, it's official: my ordination is set for Sunday, April 22, at 3 PM. My ordination council was this afternoon and those gathered voted to recommend me to the church for ordination. The council was very affirming - just another reason why I appreciate Westwood. My parents and Randa's parents will be coming into town to celebrate this part of my spiritual journey. I'm looking forward to spending time with my family and to celebrating this moment with the church, with family, and with friends.

4 comments:

Todd said...

congratulations, Stephen! Wish I could have been there.

Tom said...

Sounds great! I can't wait to attend the ceremony.

I hoping past 2 of my 2 part council is a little more affirming.

Josh said...

Stephen!

congrats man. that is awesome. i'm glad it was an encouraging process...

i hope you are well!

Stephen Gray said...

Thanks guys for all the encouragement!