25 April 2007

Ordination Service

My Ordination Service was last Sunday. It was a nice service with a reception that followed. A fair number of people came out to the service, including some of the youth. And many others who couldn't come made sure I knew they were thinking of me. It was nice to have my parents and Randa's parents in town for the service and for Ainsley's dedication (in the morning worship service). My parents read scripture and prayed for me during the Laying on of Hands. In fact, my dad was the first to pray during that time. In addition to that, the most emotional time was when Randa's parents came through and prayed for me and for Randa. It was nice to have church staff members involved in the service, as well as ministry colleagues and friends. The support and love that Westwood and the community of faith in this area has shown us has been amazing. The service was very meaningful, affirming, and encouraging! Thanks to all who made the service so special!

Here's some pictures from the service:

2 comments:

Todd said...

Congratulations, Stephen! Wish I could have been there--looks like a great night!

Josh said...

Stephen...

glad the service and ordination went well. i'm bummed i couldn't make it, but am glad that you had a great time. thanks for sharing the pictures!