09 May 2008

Are you a bigger loser than Marko? Final Results

It's been some time since I last posted to the blog. Going on two trips (to Kansas City and Atlanta) really threw off my schedule and I've been playing catch up for the past few weeks. A lot has happened in the last few weeks and I'll hopefully be catching up with the blog posting soon.


The Are you a bigger loser than Marko? contest ended during my trip to Kansas City. Since I wasn't taking my scale with me to KC, I did my final weigh in on Wednesday morning, April 23. The contest ended on Friday, with final weight and pictures due in to YS by 8 AM. I finished at 219 pounds - for a total loss of 32 pounds during the 12 weeks of competition. That put me in about 14th place among the men that completed the contest. I finished 4 pounds shy of my goal, but I am not disappointed. I am really happy that I lost 32 pounds! Unbelievable! Here are the pictures:


Click here to see the starting pictures. I can tell that I've lost a lot because my clothes do not fit anymore, Randa keeps telling me how skinny I look, and people at church and elsewhere have noticed and commented on the loss. It's been great! Marko won the contest. He lost just over 60 pounds! However, he was disqualified later - check out the video below to see why (and why youth ministry people are the best)!


I've not eaten as well or exercised as regularly since the end of the contest, but I had lost one more pound as of Monday bringing me to 218 pounds and the half way mark to my ultimate goal! I've eaten better and exercised more this week and I plan to stay on track until I reach my ultimate goal of 185 pounds. My new goals are as follows: I'd like to be at 205 pounds by the time we leave for IMPACT Virginia! on June 22nd. I'd like to be at 185 pounds by the time we leave for Summit Lake Senior High Retreat on September 26th. That would be awesome!


TRACKER: Starting Weight 251, Current Weight 218, Ultimate Goal 185

No comments: