28 January 2008

"He put a new song in my mouth..."

The following was originally posted on my youth groups's blog.
------------


In response to our discussion last night at FaithStation, we crafted songs to God that are expressions of our "God moments" - those times in our lives when we know deep in our souls that God is present. As promised, here is mine. If you'd like to share yours, please add it in the comments section.

Your love, O LORD, is beyond words.
When I find myself at the end of my rope;
When I find myself without hope;
When I feel that I am all alone;
You are there.

You are there, in the shadows.
You are there, in the silence.
You are there, in the middle of all the chaos that is life.

In unseen and unexpected ways, O LORD, you make your presence known.
And that makes all the difference.
Thank you LORD.

If only there were words to adequately express your love and your presence.
Thank you LORD.
You are enough.

2 comments:

Tom said...

this is great. is it yours stephen?

Stephen Gray said...

Yes, it is. Thanks for the kind words.